Complaint process

If you have a complaint about ASIC, APRA or your financial services, there are several avenues available.

Complaint about a financial services provider

The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) is the main dispute resolution body for the Australian financial system. It provides a free complaint resolution service that is open to consumers and small businesses.

You can begin the complaint process with AFCA online or by calling AFCA on 1800 931 678 (free call).

ASIC also directly handles certain types of complaints relating to misconduct at financial services firms. Please refer to the ASIC website for more information about whether your complaint should be directed to ASIC.

Complaint about ASIC

If you have a complaint about ASIC you can contact ASIC directly. See their information about how to make a complaint.

If you are unhappy with an ASIC decision, you may also have a right to seek review by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).

Complaint about APRA

APRA deals with systemic matters at an institution level rather than pursuing individual complaints about products and services. If you have a complaint related to the safety and stability of an APRA-regulated financial institution or a complaint about APRA itself you can contact APRA directly. See their information on how to make a complaint.